Whether it may be behind-the-scenes content or teasing your upcoming product launches, the opportunities that the TikTok LIVE stream provides are endless. To get started, in this blog, we’re sharing how to stream on TikTok and make the most out of it.
Are you wondering how to stream on TikTok? Ever since the TikTok platform launched the live stream feature, it has become a go-to platform for live video streaming. If you have a considerable following on TikTok and you are ready to take your user engagement to the next level, you need to start streaming on TikTok.
Going live on TikTok will help boost your engagement and keep your audience engaged. You can even monetize on TikTok through live streaming, though it is not a feature that is available to all TikTok creators. You will need to meet certain criteria to access this feature. Here, in this blog, you will learn what TikTok is, how to stream on TikTok, and tips to host a successful TikTok live stream.
What is TikTok LIVE?
TikTok LIVE is a feature that lets creators engage with their followers through live streaming in real time. Rather than filming, editing, and posting videos for your followers to watch later, you can live stream and start filming in real time. Your followers can interact or communicate with you directly.
From makeup tutorials to cooking sessions, TikTok LIVE provides creators and brands a new opportunity to expand their connections and reach their existing audience community. Additionally, audiences can send gifts to creators during their livestreams as a bonus. These gifts can be exchanged for cash later. So, Keep reading to learn how to stream on TikTok.
Who can Access the TikTok Live Stream Feature?
Before finding out how to stream on TikTok, let’s see who can access the TikTok live stream feature. Going live on the TikTok app is not restricted to the most popular accounts, but there are a few criteria your account must meet to access the feature.
- Creators must be 16 or older for going live on TikTok. You can set your date and year of birth on TikTok only once, so you can’t alter your details. Keep in mind that if you are underage, you cannot access the feature.
- Your TikTok account needs to have more than 1K follower count.
How to Go Live on TikTok Using Mobile Phone?
Let’s learn how to stream on TikTok using a mobile phone.
- Open the TikTok application.
- Tap the '+' symbol at the bottom of the home screen.
- Click the LIVE button that appears next to the record symbol. If you can’t see it, you need to swipe left until you see it.
- Always keep in mind to choose a picture for your live streams and give it a title or a name. Your videos and the title will be the things that make your audience whether or not to watch your video, so make sure they are enticing and interesting.
- Modify the settings before going live, such as activating live gifts or assigning moderators.
- When you are ready to go to live streams, click the big red GO LIVE button at the bottom of the screen.
- The application counts down from three, and there you go, you are live now.
While you are live on the TikTok app, you can modify interaction settings, such as including stickers and music, launching a poll for audiences, flipping your mobile camera, and more.
How to Go Live on TikTok Using a PC?
Going live on TikTok with your mobile phone is not the only way to stream on the app. You can also access this feature from your PC. At present, there is only one way to use the TikTok live PC, which is by utilizing the TikTok LIVE Studio. Let’s see how to stream on TikTok using a PC.
- Download TikTok LIVE Studio from TikTok’s official website.
- When the installation is completed, ensure the checkbox is right next to the Run TikTok LIVE Studio is selected, and then tap Finish.
- Now, you can log into your existing TikTok account.
- Then, tap GO LIVE NOW to start streaming.
- If you tap Set Up Now, the live studio will take you through setting up your camera and microphone.
- Make sure you have all your settings updated. Now, you are ready for TikTok live pc easily.
Tips to Host a Successful TikTok Live Stream
Keep reading to find out the tips for how to stream on TikTok.
1. Be Engaging
Audiences usually participate in TikTok live streams to connect with the hosts. So, it is important to pay attention to your audience's comments, reply to the questions they ask, and ask questions to your audience. If you do so, you can make them come back.
If you want, you can generate more likes for your live streams utilizing the free tiktoklikesgenerator.com. Give it a try! Right now!
2. Go Live Regularly
It would be hard to attract more audiences if you were jumping on at random hours. The perfect answer to the question, ‘How to stream on TikTok?’ is clearly understanding when your target audiences are online and go live during that period.
3. Plan on Going Live For a While
Do not use the TikTok live stream feature just for a few minutes. Most audiences would like to sit and watch live streams for a while. You have to give your audience enough time and interact with them for at least 30 minutes.
4. Proper Lighting is Key
While going live on TikTok, it is important to have a good lighting setup, whether it is natural or artificial. So, your live streams will look more professional and visible through TikTok’s thousands of trending filters. Hopefully, you have learned how to stream on TikTok effectively.
In case you do not meet the required criteria for going live on TikTok, you will not be able to see the GO LIVE button on the app.
Before You Go
The potential for building your brand and audience engagement on TikTok is vast. The live streaming feature is the easiest way to get closer to your audience and strengthen the audience community around your brand. The TikTok app also provides avenues to earn income for live streaming so creators can turn it into a side hustle. With this blog, you have learned everything about how to stream on TikTok. Happy Streaming!